Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Wednesday with nothing

Hi,

I melted at work yesterday.  So hot.  For all you Australian residents out there, we don't have air conditioning in our office buildings.  Well, we don't anyway.  Some places do.  So when it gets over 25C, it cooks you.  Reached 30C in our office on level 8 yesterday.  I have a floor fan behind me and a USB desk fan on my desk.

I went for my 5km run yesterday morning, like usual.  But I also went for a run with my colleague, Mary, at 3pm.  We did 4 km.  So I had an exercise-packed day yesterday.

It was a hot ride home too.  Hahah.  Toby had a good first day at school.   Mike got home early and decided we'd have a BBQ.

Mike in his pinny - and undies.


Great!  I went to read while he got the BBQ ready.  I did hear some commotion at one point.  Eventually I thought I should investigate.  Mike said the charcoal was almost ready.  Although perhaps the pan might be more useful.  Then he sheepishly told me he had poured turps on the charcoal and lit it.  And there were loads of flames and then the burning fuel dripped out of the BBQ into the drip tray.  The wooden deck and balustrades seemed to be in danger, so he used our handy fire extinguisher and doused everything.

I cooked the tea in the pan.

But by about 7.30pm the charcoal was ready for an awesome meal.

I think I'll go buy a gas BBQ.

So, our evening was super exciting.  How was yours?  Did you have anyone fight flames with an extinguisher at your place?

I was asleep pretty fast last night.  Loads of exercise meant I was completely mellow.

And today is just as amazing.  Woot!  Love it.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment