Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Monday with a wild ride home

Hi,

Well, work was work.  Busy.  But I managed to leave almost on time.  Yay.  It was still dry when I left work, but I had to fight a really strong wind all the way up Molesworth St.  And then when I got to Tinakori, these big, really wet raindrops came hurtling out of the sky.

I got pretty wet.  And had to fight to wind all the way home to keep upright.  As a consequence, i took the bus in this morning.  Hahahah.

Anyway, I got home and cooked tea for me and Toby.  Spaghetti Bolognese.  One of Toby's favourites and we hadn't had it for a while.  He was expecting tacos, so there was a little bit of confusion.  But he ate up his entire bowl and declared it the best Spag Bol ever.

We did some maths homework - he's learning percentages.  The teacher's approach with the "Would you rather..." questions made Toby very happy to keep learning.  There were a whole heap of things like:  Would you rather be bitten by 60% of 120 mosquitoes or 80% of  90 mosquitoes.

Fun.

Mike got home around 9pm from his leadership course.  Said it went well.  I was already in bed and listening to the wind outside.  Mike had trouble sleeping.  He tells me he bought a video camera at 1am.  I am yet to fully understand this concept.  When I know, I'll let you know more.

It's got 700x digital zoom! What's not to like!
Right.  Time to kick start the day.  We're having marmite and toast for morning tea at work today.  Some colleagues know nothing about marmite.

And Mike and I are meeting Philippa for lunch.  It was her birthday yesterday.  Woot!

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment