Friday, May 6, 2016

The Thursday with Polar Bear Town night

Hi,

I had a great Thursday actually.  A work colleague was down from Auckland (Nicolette) and she is lovely.  She took me out for a birthday lunch.  This year my birthday just keeps giving.  It's awesome.  I chose Rahzoo, because I quite like Rahzoo.  And I had one of their iced coffees.

Iced coffee yum!


One of my colleagues also decided to wear my outfit.  If I was a bit taller, a bit hairier on my face and had shorter hair, we'd be twins.  Oh.  And 25 years younger.  Hahahah.  It is purple shirt Thursday after all.  Cody knew what he was doing because I always wear a purple shirt on Thursdays (either this one or one that is probably technically pink - or lilac as I prefer to call it on purple shirt days) and usually wear my grey pants.  I am a creature of habit and routine.  Except when I am doing something spontaneous.

Ok.  Turns out I might be a creature of mayhem and randomness.

Twins!
 Went to drinks with Rex and Jo and then off to grab Mike from his drinks.  But he got waylaid and I chatted to Adam for ages.  Eventually dragged him away home via Uber.

Then I went around to Ange's house to eat cheese and watch Polar Bear Town.  It was one of these North American style documentaries that thinks the viewer has the memory of a goldfish.  And it was a series which we only had the first episode.  But, it was a chance to look at wonderful scenery, ponder why humans live in such an inhospitable place and look at polar bears.  And eat cheese.  Whitestone Lindis Pass brie.  Mmmmmm.  Great cheese.

Back home and off to bed to read.  And I may have stayed up to finish my book.  So it is sleep Angela now.

The weekend beckons and we have a wedding in Featherston to go to.  Woot!  Amy and Martin are getting married.  How cool!  Can't wait.  Josh will look after Toby for the Saturday and we'll be back Sunday afternoon.

Have an awesome weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment