Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Tuesday with Andrew in the capping parade and Wednesday at home sick

Hi,

Tuesday was a great day.  I had a meeting with Ed and he bought me an iced coffee.  Mmmmm.

We also had a morning tea Marmite taste test for some of the recent influx of immigrants in our team that have never grown up with Marmite.  We had Vegemite and British Marmite to compare and contrast.  Eugene also supplied salmon roe and we all tried that too.  Turns out that no one had any strong aversion to any of it.  We must all be super adaptable.  But there were favourites.  Hahahah.

Then Mike and I caught up with Philippa to celebrate her birthday the day before.  We went to Rahzoo and ate lots.  As we were winding down the lunch, Sally rang and said Andrew was in the capping parade and passing our work right then.  So, I leapt out of my seat and told Mike and Philippa we had to run.  They were very obliging and ran with me.

As we got to Lambton Quay, Andrew was just passing.  Luckily Philippa lent me her voice and the chap next to Andrew noticed we were yelling for him and he nudged Andrew.  We got a huge grin and wave from Andrew.  It was a really special moment for me to see Andrew in the parade after all his effort over the past two years.  Good on him!  A masters degree.  Andrew has a few photos on Facebook.  I was so excited I forgot to take a photo.


Iced coffee with Ed at Mixed Business

Marmite tasting

More Marmite tasting

Anyway, I didn't feel well that evening at home and when I woke up I decided it was best to stay home.  I had to cancel a lot of meetings for Wednesday.  But eventually I could curl up in bed and recover.

The boys got home and I sorted out dinner for them.

But this morning I could have easily stayed home again because I woke just as a migraine was starting.  Groan.  So I took the bus in, because physical activity isn't the best when my head is a little tender.  Hahah.  So long as the day goes smoothly and I have no invitations to a mosh pit at a heavy metal concert, I should be sweet!

This morning's sunrise

Right.  Time to kick start the day.  Maybe a cup of tea will make everything better.  Enjoy your day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment