Monday, May 2, 2016

The weekend in Palmerston North

Hi,

What a great weekend - can I have more like that, please?  Friday I worked from home and it was hectic.  But I did drive the boys to Weta Workshop for their tour while I worked in the car.  Hahahah.  Fun times.  They enjoyed it a lot.

Trolls!
Making lasagne
Lasagne
Eating lasagne

Up fairly early Saturday morning and I went out to archery with Ange.  I tried my new bow out.  It was great!  Started at 10m and everything just worked.  So we pushed out to 20-25m and I had no bother at all.  I still need to refine a few things.  But, basically, it just worked!  I am very happy.

Back home to pack for the weekend away in Palmerston North.  A casual lunch and reading in the sun before heading off around 2pm.  Nice drive up and I got there around 4pm.  Settled in and read stuff about Japan.  After settling a few things with Iona and Col we then went out for tea.  Walked into town (it took around 20 mins) and ate lovely Indian food from a place called "Arranged Marriage".  Great name!

I tried to fix Iona and Col's PC before bed.  Little do they know my brain doesn't engage much after 6pm.  Anyway - I can't see why it doesn't work.  I'll need to do some research to help them further.


I slept well and woke early but tried to stay in bed.  Hahahah.  Eventually I got up and ate toast I found in the toaster and had a shower.  We left for our bike ride around 9.30am.

Headed past the back of the airport to Feilding and had an awesome iced coffee at the Focal Point cinema.  Then off past Colyton and back into P.N.
Must read this!

Iced coffee at Focal Point cinema at Feilding - a very good one!

Iona and Col - and the expanse of Manawatu countryside

Bike computer finally working


I ate some lunch with Iona and Col and then headed back home.  Great weekend!  I stopped off at Sally and Andrew's house and had a cup of tea and Mike turned up to drop off the MRG (Mighty Red Galant) - he has borrowed it for a day tramp on Sunday because I had the car for transporting my bike.

Back home to iron and have tea and off to bed.  Mike went to collect Josh and the boys from the airport and discuss leadership course stuff with him.  Toby and I went to bed.

I need more sleep.  I need to sort that out.

But what an incredible weekend.  Thank you.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment