Monday, May 9, 2016

The weekend celebrating with Amy and Martin

Hi,

Ok - that was an incredible weekend.  Packed so much into it, it was just great.  Let's see.  How did it pan out?

Friday was supposed to be packing, but in reality I only got most of my stuff together.  I never packed it.  And Mike didn't even start.  At least Toby was sorted.

Anyway, come Saturday morning, despite being awake super early, I just read and got distracted instead of finishing my packing.  As a result, we were still there when Josh collected Toby for his sleepover and we were late getting away.

We were supposed to meet Celia and James in Martinborough around 10.30.  But it was more like 11.15 by the time we found them and got our gear ready.

However, it was well worth it.  We rode from Poppies to the bridge next to the back road towards Masterton.  Some rolling hills made it interesting.  Flat is boring.  Right?  The weather was absolutely stunning.

Wairarapa scenery in autumn

Love my wheels

This is a controlled dismount.


Mike showing his technique

Church

Iced coffee at Margrain.  It was good!


When we got back at around 12.15pm, it turns out that Poppies was completely booked.  So Celia and James took us to Margrain, just down the road.  Hardly second best, if you ask me.  I had a wonderful lunch there.  Wow!

Back to our accommodation in Featherston.  We had a cabin booked (number 3) next to Ange at the Featherston Motel and Camping ground.  What a lovely wee place.  I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

We both showered and got ready for the reason we were here in the Wairarapa.  Amy and Martin were celebrating their wedding.  They are a lovely couple and to be invited to help them celebrate with their family and friends was an honour I was not expecting.  But, Mike and I feel privileged to have spent the time with them.

Congratulations!

They had a selfie photo album so somewhere there is a record of me being there, and perhaps the photos look a little like the one below.  Hahahah.

Kelly, me and Mike.  Yes - I am wearing a dress!

The venue was amazing. Tarureka Estate.  If anyone wants an amazing place to do something really special, this is a great option.  The food was great.  The ambience, superb.  The wedding was perfect.  It's the first wedding we've been to in years.  Seems as though we are no longer in that demographic.  Too old now.  Need to wait for nieces and nephews now.   Amy looked incredible.  Martin looked very handsome.  I cried.  Yep - a perfect day.

Back home around 11.30pm and fell into bed gratefully.  Up early for a bike ride with James and Mike to Martinborough.

Sunday morning bike ride

James at the lookout

Had a coffee there (I had a date scone - mmmmmm) and back.  Took us about 1.5 hours (maybe a wee bit more) - but that included the coffee stop.  Back in time to throw myself in the shower and get ready for the BBQ at that venue.

Mike and I had another great time with Amy and Martin and their friends.  Which included a lot of our friends.  It was basically a huge work function.  Hahahah.

Selfie time at the Sunday BBQ

Lovely grass

We left early to head back to Wellington and collect Toby from Josh's care.  Huge hugs for Amy and Martin and I have promised to visit for a ski holiday.  I am Tahoe bound!

Back home and a tidy up and the obligatory ironing.  I also did grocery shopping.  Finally to bed after an amazing weekend.

Thank you so much to everyone for filling my weekend up with goodness.

Have a great week ahead.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment