Friday, May 18, 2018

The Thursday with dinner out

Hi,

Crazy days blur into even crazier evenings.  Such is life in the Gilbert household.  I caught up with Ange for lunch - well late for a catch up with her.  We ended up at Plum - and their iced latte was actually pretty good.  A tad sweet - maybe I ask for a half sugar next time.

Lying socks are on their last legs!

Iced latte with Ange at Plum

While I walked back from Plum, I wandered past the door to Andrew's work.  I peered in as I went past, wondering if I would see him coming or going, and nearly bumped into him on the street as he was stopped waiting for me to approach.  Hahahah.  Funny.  We chatted for a bit.


The towel shaming is becoming really odd.

I rushed home after work and cooked tea for Toby.  He got a super fast special - chicken kebabs, rice, tomatoes and avocado!  It looked pretty good.  And I got a kiss for it.  Jumped in the car and spent ages looking for a park in town.  Tried to find Mike - and failed.  OMG!  I went into pubs on my own - and he wasn't there.

No, I cannot navigate Wellington based on pub names and strip clubs.  For some reason, those aren't landmarks I take any noticed of in the slightest!  Eventually Mike talked me in and I found him.  Still not sure of the name of the place.  Something Quarter.  But not "Little Beer".  And on Dixon.

Anyway.  The company was good.  Then we went to another pub.  Goldings.  Never been there - but I have been close by.  After a drink, we all wandered home.  We took Momo home, via collecting my bike from work.  Made easy as I got a park just outside when I drove in.

There are steamrollers in our street!

And we have steamrollers in our street.  Weird.  And what are they called now they no longer run on steam?  I wonder if we'll have a street next week or if they are intending to rip it up and re-seal.

Goodness knows.

The weekend beckons.  Woot!  Wellington weekend ahead of chaotic weekends ahead.

Have an incredible weekend!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment