Monday, May 7, 2018

The weekend in Wellington and with Mike tramping

Hi,

Mike left early from town for his Ruahine's tramp - after a little hiccup with his phone.

Toby and I went out to see Seven Deadly Stunts at the Circa theatre with a group from work (Macs Brewery for tea beforehand - which I didn't really enjoy).  Toby loved it - it was really good fun.  Such an entertaining wife/husband team from Christchurch.  They performed seven stunts from old sideshow times.  The woman escaped from a straitjacket, she also walked across broken glass.  They played Russian roulette with staple guns.  Bull whip stunts.  Yep - it was a lot of fun to watch.  If you get a chance, take your teenage son along - he really loved it.

Sam and I wore our red checked shirts for farmer Friday (it was also May the 4th, so you can see my Star Wars t-shirt too).


Sam And I got the memo

With our washing machine broken, I was stuck for getting the clothes and sheets and towels all sorted for the coming week.  Sally said I could bring it over and use her washing machine.  So, Toby and I loaded the Ford up with washing and tried to start the car.

Tried.

And failed.

I ended up getting an Uber for Toby to Ethan's house while I tried a little longer to see if it would start.  No dice.  Sally kindly said she would come and collect me - and my washing.  So I went out to her place and we enjoyed a Zany Zeus visit while the washing progressed.

Close to 5pm we left for a family takeaway night.  Caught up with Iona and Col, and everyone else.  Allison was also there.  We ate Thai takeaway.  Mmmmm.  I left my paneer cheese in the fridge - stupidly.

Some Gilbert logistics (well, actually, ones that worked out) meant Sally let me use her car to take Iona and Col home (and some washing) and Aidan took Sally and Andrew home.  Woot!

Will these dry?

Iced coffee at Wharewaka cafe - I think it is called Karaka

Next morning I dropped Iona and Col off at the ute - and still forgot the paneer.  Doh!  We all met for brunch at Karaka cafe at the Wahrewaka.  Good iced coffee.  Quick market trip and then I got dropped home.

Toby came home at 5pm from his weekend.  And Mike got home around 6.30pm.  Crazy times.

Thanks to Sally, I got the washing all sorted for the week.  And had extra time with Iona and Col before their Blenheim life began (totally - with Col moving there now).

We need a new washing machine (or a fix - again) and to get the car sorted (or a new one!).

Mike was up at 4.30am this morning to pack for his Auckland trip - Hamilton is in there too.  And Toby and I have parent teacher interviews at 5pm today (for an hour). 

Fun times!

Have a great week!

Love,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment