Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Tuesday with normal working things except for the washing machine which stopped working

Hi,

Yesterday turned into a brilliant weather day - and I thought it was going to tip down rain.  I have no idea.  I'm not sure the weather forecasters do either.  Hahahah.

Work was steady and mad.  You get that.  I did get away with Joycie for an iced latte at Machete.  And I managed a later one with Bronwyn (but that photo hasn't synced - I am still mystified by the syncing delay).



With Joycie - and her new keepa cup

She said do something silly

Throwback to 4 years ago at Australia Zoo - Toby is so cute!

I also borrowed the eBike work won for Bike Employer of the Year (thanks to Switched on Bikes!) - we have it for a week to play with.  I played with Celia in the garage at work a bit to get used to it.  Then I rode it home.  It took me about 15 minutes to get home.  I whizzed up the hill at 15/16 km/h instead of my usual 6 or 7.  I loved it!  The battery hardly changed - maybe from 95% to 75%.  And my ride back in this morning was so much fun!

Had a ring-in instructor for the early Spin class too - someone that used to take a class last year and changed jobs and left.  Just filling in.  But it was a good class as a change.

Plasterer gets Tim Tams for doing his job so well

Happy plastering
Anyway, the plastering is fair coming along. 

Toby was home already as he had been sick at school and ended up heading home.  Poor kid.  But he ate well enough so hopefully it is all good now.

While I cooked tea, I put a wash on.  And the washing machine decided to break.  During the spin cycle.  As in - no spinning at all.  Mike got home and after tea we looked at it.  He decided to siphon the water out.  He opened the front door, gave me the end of the hose and started sucking the other end to get the water flowing.

As I poked the end of the hose into the tub of water, I could feel Mike's sucks working through the hose; so I shouted out the door:  "I can feel you sucking!"  And "Suck harder" - just because I am an encouraging wife.  After a few of those shouts, I decided that out of context (say, by a neighbour, innocently wandering around their house or something) it could be a bit dubious about what activity we were actually performing.  So I decided silence was best.  Mike got it all working and we emptied the tub.

I am now going to visit Sally this weekend with washing.  She might only know that when she reads this.  Surprise!!!   :-P

Mike says we need a new washing machine now.

Anyway, there you go.  The adventures of the Gilbert household.  Startling stuff.  Have an awesome day!

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment