Monday, May 14, 2018

The weekend with Mike and away and Eurovision goodness

Hi,

Happy Mothers Day to the mothers I know - I hope you had a good day on Sunday.  Especially my mother.  Of course.  She's the best one.

Friday I got through the day - not entirely unscathed.  But at least it started ok with an iced latte with the team in the morning to say hi to the new person starting this week.


Friday iced latte @ Machete

By the time 5pm came though, it was pretty bad.  I got away for sushi with Toby before he started his 48 hour film marathon.  I caught the bus home and as I stepped into the house, Toby texted.  He needed a signed, printed consent form.

Ok.

Could I email it instead?  No, they prefer the real one.

Sigh.  Ok.  I'll take my PC and head back to work by car, then drive to your school and drop it off.

Got to the car - Subaru wouldn't start.  And I couldn't take the Ford, because that hasn't started for a while now and needs the Ford dealer to look at it.  Again.

I think the Subaru's battery is flat.  Anyway, I locked it manually, and as I walked back home, the bus I just got off was coming back into town.  So I jumped on.  The bus driver looked at me funny.

But he looked at me even funnier when I got off two stops later.  Toby said I could just email it in.

Got back home and emailed it and collapsed into bed.  But, the events of the day meant my head was jammed.  So I read for hours, chatted to Mike when he got to Ruapehu, and then watched surfing videos until 1.30am!

Power bowl at home

Saturday meant no washing got done because the washing machine was on the blink.  But I tidied.  And headed into town to get the PC charger from work and go to my spa appointment.  I went grocery shopping and piled a whole heap of stuff into my backpack and two carry bags.  Check out staff felt sorry for me.  Bus driver felt sorry for me.

Pretty much by the time I got home I was also feeling a little sorry for myself too.  And my arms felt a little longer than they had been 1 hour before.

Went to bed much earlier though.  Up early to get ready for Eurovision!  Momo arrived just before 7am and we enjoyed ourselves watching the fun in Lisbon unfold.

Netta won Eurovision!

Jo arrived after it just finished and after a cup of tea we went to Cafe Neo.  Jo has some sort of parking angel as she got pole position park just outside.

Jo bombs my photo - iced coffee at Cafe Neo
Doro also arrived and we went back to Jo's for another cuppa before Doro took me and Momo home.

Toby arrived just before I got home.  He had a great time making a film about anti rom-com.  And Mike got home around 5.30pm.

Toby made tea for me.  And dessert.  I got a huge amount of chocolate mousse.  I am a lucky mother.

Mike is having a 'mare start to the week.  Late buses.  No bathroom stuff.  Unexpected appointments.  Although the washing machine is now going.  Turns out the tarp underneath it had caught in the pump.

Ok.

Time for the week to commence.

Have a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment