Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Monday back at work but still sick and with Andrew's birthday

Hi,

I met Jase after my work and we went to Rebel Sport to buy him some comfy sneakers and then I made him carry home groceries for the boys' dinner.  Turns out Jase also had to cook the dinner.  It's a shame for him.  But Mike is still full of a cold - and I'm not sure Toby is best left unattended in the kitchen unless it is 2 minute noodles you want to eat.

Gilbert balls!
Anyway, after a brief work stint after that, I met Andrew and caught a 3 to Glenmore St and walked to Hillside Kitchen.  Sally was just parked opposite and we settled in to our table.

Andrew's birthday at Hillside Kitchen

We counted 11 courses of Meatless Monday menu.   They forage for food and use their own garden and it really felt experimental.  But so yummy.  This place goes entirely meatless from Sept 4th.  I hope it becomes a regular for us.  Below are a few of the courses - so colourful and tasty.

Yum on an onion

Not a lily pad - but also yum.  Nasturtium - peppery.

Lentil and leek

Smoked butternut

Dessert - yum.  Ok - it was all yum.

Tiny balls of goodness

Sally and Andrew dropped me home and I fell into bed pretty quick.  Mike was a lot better - thank goodness.

Walked into work early this morning and went to Spin.  A little hard to breathe still - but getting better.

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment