Monday, July 23, 2018

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a weekend - only one in Wellington for all of us for a while, I think. Friday night saw me supposed to be out with work colleagues for dinner.  But a work issue meant I stayed back and ended up just going straight home.

Saturday, the boys got a haircut at Maggies.  They both looked very handsome after it.  Jase was taking notes because he wants to buy clippers and do his own hair.

Took Toby to The Warehouse to get some slippers and flat shoes for the gym before dropping Jase at work.  Mike and I then went to Roller Derby and met Celia, James and Momo there.

For Toby - except he wasn't here so I drank it

Roller derby!

What a great time I had.  The rules are confusing, but such a lot of fun.  Kilbirnie Rec Centre - and it was a great venue.  Mike and James enjoyed the Garage Project beers - they sponsor the roller derby.

Then Celia, James, Mike and I went to The Ramen Shop for noodles at half time of the second game.  Yum!

Home in a howling storm and it was good to get into bed.  Sunday was a lazy morning, and then I cooked brekkie for Mike, Jase, Toby and Jo.  Jo had decided pancakes, poached eggs and bacon was a good idea.  Yay for us!

We watched "Nanette" after brekkie - wow!   What an amazing story Hannah had to tell.  Mike, Jase, Jo and I were absorbed.  Jo had seen it before and recommended it.  And I do too!  Watch it!  Funny, and sad, and powerful.

Cooked tea for the boys - spag bol.  Always a hit with Toby.  Into bed fairly early. Up Monday for the first day back at school for this term.  With bus chaos.  Oh dear.  But we got on a bus just fine.

Hope your day is a good one.

Love,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment