Monday, July 2, 2018

The weekend in Wellington with pestilence

Hi,

Happy birthday to Andrew today.

Mike and I spent an awful lot of time over the weekend in bed and coughing a lot.  We did get a few things done, however. 

We did lend the car to Iona for her unexpected weekend in Palmerston North. Met her (and Andrew) at Machete and handed her the Subaru keys.  She took it to Tawa and helped her parents.



This is where you look!

I want both iced lattes!


And Iona photobombs the iced latte shot perfectly.  With ducks.

When I left work, I noticed Celia had killed her mouse.  Hahahah.  It was lying on its back.  I couldn't resist a photo.


Celia killed her mouse!

Anyway, we had a lovely Friday evening with Vivienne, John, Doro and a spontaneous visit by Ange.  It was funny because even though lots of people were there, Smudge came out to check us out.  And circled Ange - a lot.  She knows where her food comes from.  Ange does a lot of Smudge feeding when we're away.

While we ate takeaways, Mike casually mentioned that Iona has our car and it is unwarranted.  Cries of outrage ensue and we make plans to swap cars with Iona early the next morning. 

She drives in and we swap cars at 7.30am and she heads away for the funeral of a friend's father in Palmerston North (Col is already there).  And I breathe a sigh of relief that she is in a fully warranted car.  Turns out she likes the orange car - a lot!

Apart from that, I really don't do a lot.  I drop Jase off at his work at 3.30pm.  And pretty much that is it.  I get a lot of sleep as I think I am actually asleep by 8pm.

Sunday morning I meet Iona and take her to The Botantist ahead of her flight home.

The Botantist iced coffee
Mike and Jase go to the Holocaust museum.  Toby has some mates around.  I do some washing.  That pretty much sums up the weekend.

Mike is far worse than me and working from home today.  I think I am much better - but still not perfect yet.  But Mike is finding it hard to breathe easily. 

We have dinner with Sally and Andrew tonight (although I think it will be just me).  And I am meeting Jase after my work to help him buy some shoes for work. 

There you have it.  Weird weekend.  Hopefully we all get better very soon.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment