Monday, July 30, 2018

The weekend with me and Toby in Wellington

Hi,


What a lovely weekend - Mike got away early on Friday after work (although he did hit the traffic leaving Wellington) in Ana's car to head to Whakapapa.  Toby was at home, having been to the doctors.  Apparently he has an inflamed jaw from something like smacking his teeth together or something and has to eat softish foods for a bit.

Anyway, we had a relaxing evening, and went to bed fairly early.  Iona was up early to try and see the Senelelion moon (total eclipse with the rising sun in the opposite side of the sky) but the clouds defeated her.

Love hebes

The three of us (Toby, Jase and me) all went to Joe's Garage for brunch.  Well, actually, it was lunch.  But it was good to have an iced coffee from there again.

We all went grocery shopping before getting home and relaxing before I dropped Jase off at his work.

Moxley

Jase fixing the bike

Chase!

Moxley loves wires

Sunset Saturday

Joe's Garage iced coffee

Sunday was the day I exerted my super powers - specifically "finding things".  I found three of Mike's dress belts - he said he had none anymore.  Found a casual belt too.  Found my sunglasses.  Found Mike's snowboarding helmet.  Found $50 under the bed.  Oossh!  Finders fee.

Jase and I tried to fix the DRZ.  Turns out society has failed us.  We both like the idea of being mechanically minded - yet have never had a lot of exposure to it.  Hahahah.  We'll sort that out during the week.

Toby mowed Joan's lawn (on the corner - she's away) as it was finally not soaking wet.

And we did laundry.

So - all in all - a good day.  It felt like we achieved stuff.  And Mike found his Apple watch charger - along with his Skinny phone - at the lodge.  And his actual charger.  He had been complaining (and secretly blaming me) that it had disappeared.  Meanwhile people had found his phone at the lodge and told him there was a phone left behind.  He'd mentally berated someone so slack as to leave their phone behind and emailed the lodge punters to see if anyone claimed it.

No one did.  Because it was indeed his.

Mike got home pretty early from Ruapehu.  Around 6pm.  I cooked tea - chicken and vegetarian enchiladas.  Yum!

Jo dropped around for a cup of tea before her weekend finally wrapped up.  She'd also been away with Mike - but in her car with Momo, Doro and Janine.

So, pretty busy.  But I feel like I got stuff done.

Hope your week is fun. Andrew and I are off to Treble Cone Thursday and back Sunday.  Oosshh!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment