Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Wednesday with A2O planning after work

 Hi,


We have a plan.  Okay - that might be a bit cocky. We have the basis of a plan to tackle Alps to Ocean bike ride next year.  Maybe March. But I do need to talk to some humans tomorrow and find out if they can hire good eBikes and relocate either us or the van.

What am I talking about, I hear you ask.  Read on, dear reader, to find out more.

I did chat to Karna (a porter that we know in Nepal - Mike just finished trekking with him again) and he showed me his lunch. So I showed him mine - in the wind!  Hahahah.

Showing Karna my lunch in windy Wellington

Rode home with Maureen. Okay - I need to get way better at this lark before we do Alps to Ocean next year. Lovely evening for it though. Not windy really. Maybe it was a southerly and it helped me home. Maureen has legs of steel and rode up the hill like some sort of goat-like creature. Hill? What hill?

The cats were pretty chill - Smudge was super brave and didn't flee like Maureen was a monster out to hurt her. Moxley was her usual self - thinking she owns both of us, and not just me. :-p

But we ordered in pizza when we got settled in and I figured out how to cast to the TV and planned the basics of our trip.  Maybe March next year? Fly to Chc. Van to Tekapo. Somehow get a relocation for us at the end back to the van - or the van to the end. Or I convince Mike he has nothing better to do than move the van and our belongings around for 3 days.

Then we put Maureen's bike in the Subaru and headed to her place. I met her two cats - they are both quite social. I got a lot of pats in. Then headed home and Moxley was horrified at the way I smelt after seeing other cats!

Good sleep. Up for bus in. Quentin pinged me when I got to the gym and said he was sick. So I did 30 mins of shoulders, back and chest and headed to work.

Bus

At the gym

OMG - what a poser!

It's Arsenal shirt day. Hi Joel!

Brekkie on my own

Iced latte goodness at Mojo

It's Arsenal shirt day at work. Although Dave forgot his and said he will wear two tomorrow, to make up for it.

I might try and walk home after work again.

I chatted to Mike this morning - midnight his time zone. He is in bed now and ready to get up in about 6 hours from now and start his journey home to us. Yay! He's had a great time - but caught a cold. Boo for the cold.

Projects for tomorrow for me. Ring cycle hire places and ask about range of eBikes and relocation options. Water blast concrete at home. Fit the car trim back.

Saturday is trap line with Andrew.

Sunday is AFL game day! And Mike's return. Yay!

Seems like a good amount of work and fun to me.

Have a lovely day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment