Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Wednesday with a chat to Mike

 Hi,

The bog talk of Wednesday was the weather.  A cold polar snap coming up the country with snow forecast to sea level in Christchurch and Wellington.

But I can report from home in Wellington on Thursday morning, that there is no sign of snow here. Not even on top of Mt Kau kau. Nix. But I can also report - it is jolly freezing.

Yesterday I caught up with Roanne for a bagel and iced latte - and Abbie tagged along. This is to show my mother that I have friends.

Hey Abbie!

Headed home after work to find all my buses cancelled. Sigh. Eventually got on a crowded 14. And I must look old because someone gave up their seat for me.  :-o


Cats close to each  other and buried my Kindle!

I made biscuits

Mike at the highest overnight stop of the ABC trek - in a lot of rain

I got to speak to Mike at Deurali. On video chat. He looks good. Also chatted to Bharat, Expansion and Bachan. And some chap that said Mike and him were sleeping together for body warmth.  I didn't believe that last bit.

The trek had been hard - lots of driving rain and waterfalls that crossed the path. The porters were amazing support, said Mike. They push up to the base camp today! Good luck to them.

Have an awesome day.  I am off to AKL for the Womens Rugby World Cup. Woot!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment