Monday, October 3, 2022

The weekend without Mike

 Hi,

Friday saw me with my first day without Mike. I had booked the dental hygienist months back so wandered out to town on the bus for that.  They took me early so I was finished before my original appt was meant to start.

Then off to the gym for my session with Quentin. Which was also early as he had a free spot. Hahah.

Friday at Machete

Machete eggs

Took the opportunity to pop into Machete after gym for brekkie and an iced latte.  Mmmm.  Spoke to Paul briefly. They are still finding it hard work with staff needs. 3 applicants for their last vacancy. Wow.

Also stocked up on iced latte for home. :-p

I can stop any time I want

Moxley helped herself to the new bag of kibble

The weather for the weekend was wet, wet, wet. So inside jobs for me for the main part. I started my sneaky project in Mike's absence. I was hoping to lift the old carpet in the stairwell and sand and varnish it. Well. I sense a carpet quote in my near future.

Both cats find a warm spot

Start of my sneaky project

I made granola

My sneaky project in Mike's absence

All lifted
I did go over to Sally and Andrew's place for dinner and a movie Saturday night. We watched an episode of the new Lord of the Rings TV series. Then Welcome to Wrexham.

Home to bed. Then finished lifting the carpet and taking out the tacks. Andrew and Sally came around to provide advice on the steps. We sanded the second one. Turns out the treads are cedar. The risers are rough and rimu. The top step is a different length and a different wood. Turns out it is all too messy.

I will leave it for now - and we'll get a carpet quote for it. But now we know.

Tried sanding one step

I got my bike ready for commuting to work. Yay for making progress there. Had to track down lights. But in the end, I took the bus to work on Monday morning. Oops. Maureen was not pleased. :-)

Roast veges

Aioli

Couscous - with the veges and aoili

I had some veges in the fridge so I made Toby's recipe for rast veges, couscous and aoili. Nom, nom. Got it for work too.

Work iced latte

Mike is off on the trek now. Kathmandu and Pokhara went fine. He did get a migraine on Friday though. He says it is steep already on his trek. He has a local SIM card. We'll see if that means he gets better options for reception as he treks higher and higher. I wonder if he's been leeched yet? I miss him.

Have a lovely day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment