Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chasing the bus again

The morning went really well this morning.  I helped Angela out a bit which is unusual for me, at 6am I'm usually only capable of grunts and being able to switch on the coffee machine.  Toby was up a little late, and wanted a shower, but we still got all ready and got out more or less on time.

We collected Alex and his mum, all nice and straightforward.  But when we got to the bus stop - Alex had forgotten his sports bag!  So I left the three of them there and hurtled back to Alex's house.  His Grandma was waiting on the roadside with his bag.  Then when I got back to the main road, there was the bus collecting boys from the stop before Toby and Alex's stop.  So with a teensy bit of aggression I was able to make a gap between the cars trickling past the bus, and pull onto the main road ahead of the bus.  And get to the next bus stop down, in plenty of time to casually park the car, hand the bag to Alex, and watch the bus pull up.

So a little bit of drama but just enough to make things interesting.  And now, when I'm late picking Alex and his mum up for the umpteenth time, I can say, "well, remember in March 2012 when Alex forgot his sports bag??".

No comments:

Post a Comment