Friday, March 2, 2012

The Thursday with homework and a wet ride home

Hi,

The weather has turned autumnal with the first day of autumn yesterday.  How does that happen?  Mind you, the forecast indicates winter is coming this weekend!  Heheheh.  I rode home yesterday in a constant drizzle.  But not a lot of wind (or perhaps it was a southerly so I never felt it?) so I enjoyed my ride. 

Mike had stayed at home sick all day with a migraine that came on around 7am yesterday morning.  So he was home when I got there and went to get Toby from Alex's house while I got out of my wet cycle clothes and started dinner.

Homework after dinner and Mike also made chocolate mousse for dessert.  It was so sticky sweet!  Then Mike went off to get Steve for tramping club stuff at our place and Toby and I went to bed to read.

The rain started down again in the late evening.  But the wind was still non-existent.  Another Cub leader rang me and we talked for a while.  She was worried about the impending forecast which has made the news and the common adjective used is "atrocious".  Nice.  Gale force southerlies over the entire North Island by all accounts.  How accurate is that inexact science of weather forecasting anyway?  Could be a little microcosm of calmness and sunshine in a wee valley outside of Wainuiomata if we're lucky for the Cub Camp.  Or, as Jo put it, a hurricane!  Hmmm.

My ride in this morning was lovely.  No wind again and the sunrise was casting a wonderful orange glow.  The still harbour was silvery orange and the rowers were probably very pleased with their lot in life.  As was I as I cycled around enjoying the view.

Have a great weekend.  Will let you know Monday whether we survived the weather in canvas tents or piked and had a sleepover in the Scout Hall instead.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment