Monday, March 5, 2012

The weekend with no Cub Camp

Hi,

Sense prevailed in the end and misery was averted.  The other leaders decided to postpone Cub Camp due to the inclement weather and we're now going later this month.  Weekend of the 24/25 March.  We're now hoping for great sunny weather then!

This left us with a weekend at our disposal.  Saturday I spent it working on a presentation I have this week for the user group.  Not too sure how that happened - I hate public speaking.  Oh well.  Hopefully I won't be too tongue-tied and bore them all to sleep.  Will finish it tonight after work and practise delivery between now and then.

Sunday we caught up with the Tabors at Lazer Strike where Mike and Toby had a lot of fun running around shooting each other (and shooting others in the party).  Mike said Toby got a lot of enjoyment out of shooting him!  Heheheh.  I stayed well away reading and chatting and having a nice cup of tea.  Duncan and Emerson finally got their birthday presents from us - I think Mike chose well.

Back home for a bit of reading (despite this weather bomb and being told to stay inside all weekend, I didn't get nearly as much reading done as I would have liked).  I finished one book, started and finished The Secret Garden and enjoyed it and started another one.  Guess I can't complain too much.  Mike got a bit of work done and then off to the family dinner.

My cold isn't going away.  My voice sounds a little husky to my ears.  Not too sure how others perceive it.  Blocked up droning might be the perception!

The ride in was lovely this morning.  No wind and no clouds.  Blue skies!  Wow.  The harbour was so calm.  The hills beyond were different shades of blues and greys.  Yep - very nice.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment