Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Monday with nothing - well, nothing much

Hi,

What a terrific ride down into work this morning.  The southerly was so fierce.  It'd be like winter if it was ten degrees colder.  As it was I am not cold in the slightest but the wind was amazing.  I was buffeted sideways coming down the hill and the ride along the waterfront (whilst devoid of the usual walkers and joggers and hence I had the place to myself) was pretty wild.

Last night I rode home and then collected Toby in the wee green car from Alex's place.  Then we cooked up burgers for tea.  We have many, many burgers to eat over the next wee while.  They are leftover from the weekend.  We catered for more than came and catered for bigger appetites than we had.  Lucky the boys like them so much.

Mike worked late at home with Steve on the tramping club website.  And when he came to bed his brain was going a mile a minute.  I was asleep already.  Mike started a new book.  Mike finished a new book.  I think he told me he read until 4am.  Oh dear.  Don't ask Mike for anything difficult today.  Not until he has had at least three coffees.

Tonight is Cubs night and Mike is away for it (more website work).  We're building kites.  Could be either amazing or headlines news - depends on the wind!  Heheheh.  The wind might lift some Cubs away, fly their kites spectacularly or tear their kites to shreds.  Let's see, eh?

What else?  Think that is it.  My body is recovering from the walking nicely.  The ride home wasn't too bad at all.  I can't count the ride in as it is mainly downhill all the way.  What can I tell from that?

I think what my body really needs is a nice cup of tea about now.  Should make everything much, much better.

Have a fantastic day.  If you live near Karori, beware of errant kites this evening.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment