Friday, March 23, 2012

The Thursday with a Cub leaders meeting

Hi,

Rode in this morning because I waited 25 minutes for a bus home yesterday.  Perfect conditions to ensure I keep riding my bike.  And I didn't even get wet this morning despite the rain.  Must have timed it perfectly between showers.  Hahahah.  Biking is way better.  I fixed another back light to my bike this morning.  It is very bright.  Perhaps not in the best spot on my seat stem, but better than not being there.  I will swap the old one's position for the new one any day now.

Last night was Cub leaders meeting night and it was a good chat.  And this weekend is Cub camp so I am feeling like Cubs is consuming a bit of my time at the moment.    And what is the weather forecast for this weekend of canvas tents and 16 Cubs?  Saturday has turned from nice to a bit pants and Sunday has turned from a bit pants to not quite so pants.  I hope they all bring lots of plastic bags for wet clothes and keep dry.

I went to buy gumboots for Toby and couldn't find anything at the Warehouse.  What is the world coming to when you can't find a decent pair of gumboots for your child?  I always had great gumboots as a kid.  And we lived in them, I seem to recall.  I need somewhere like Para Rubber.  The Warehouse has either had a crazy run on them and have nothing left or don't stock anything useful. 

Toby met his piano teacher yesterday for the first time.  Apparently, he tells me, he has already learned to use five fingers.  Great!  He says she is a nice teacher.  So, from now on, every Thursday at 12, Toby will have a piano lesson.

And Tyler made it into the Zone competitions yesterday with a marvellous fourth place in her cross country running.  Karen says she would have made third place if not for a confused teacher telling her the wrong route.  Toby, on the other hand, informed me with dread that they have cross country running today here.  Hahahah.  I can almost bet he won't come home saying he got fourth place and is in a Zone final.

Okay.  Time for tea.  Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment