Friday, March 30, 2012

The Thursday with a movie

Hi,

This morning (Friday) is another wonderful day here in Wellington.  The ride in had a nip in the air, but nothing to write home about.  I left the boys sitting on the couch playing with their respective gadgets.  The road outside our house is being dug up to get the water main replaced and the workers start at 7am each morning.  Yesterday I had a lollipop man to wave me out of our garage.  And the neighbours (of the banoffee pies) were sitting out in their picnic chairs on their footpath to watch the activities.  Great fun!

Mike rushed home to get Toby and Tom for the evening while Christine came to get me for a movie.  We went to see "The women on the 6th floor" - a fantastic French film about Spanish maids in 1962 Paris.  I really enjoyed it.  The Hunger Games remains a movie for me to see!  Home for a cup of tea and then bed!

I have to pack tonight for the tramp tomorrow.  Vivienne and Benjamin are coming along as well.  It should be a lot of fun.  The forecast looks good but I reserve judgement.  The Tararuas seem to create their own climate - and that climate seems to be rain.  Into Sayers Hut and back out the next day.  I need to find lunch for myself and dessert for 6 people.

Mike and Toby have the weekend to themselves.  Alex is coming for a sleepover on Saturday night - Toby will enjoy that!

Right - time for tea!  Have a marvellous weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment