Friday, March 16, 2012

The Thursday with mayhem

Hi,

Phew!  The weekend approaches.  Yesterday was mayhem.  At work we have a big deadline approaching and tempers were getting a bit tetchy.  But I managed to escape that and keep focussed.  Got to deliver a big document today (they are joking about its size here - it is 230 pages now) so I will be working like mad up until 4pm!  When 4pm comes, I am outta here.  Driving in the wee green car with Yingjie up to Ruapehu.  And, by some miracle, the weather looks fantastic.  We'll see.  Ruapehu trips and fantastic weather don't usually go together.

When I got home yesterday, I was buzzing.  I would have talked the hind leg off a donkey if anyone had been foolish enough to be in my presence.  The ride home was great and I collected wee Tom from Skids (said hello to Del) for babysitting him while his dad had a dinner and his mother was off looking at horses somewhere (and we're all fervently hoping she doesn't buy a horse!  Hahahah).  Went to get Toby from Alex's house and then cook then dinner.  Started packing for the weekend.  Big piles on the lounge room floor.

Mike got home and I went grocery shopping.  This is probably where my mania finally wore off.  Shopping for twenty people and guessing amounts will bring anyone back to earth with a thump.  However, I was being incredibly social.  I met a few people in the supermarket and they all wanted to chat.  A nod and smile was not going to be acceptable.  Obviously I shop normally at a completely different time to everyone else because usually I don't meet people I know.

Went home and Mike went out to work on the website for tramping club.  I put the boys to bed and kept packing.  One trip up to the car coincided with the neighbour coming home and meant another long  chat.  She has a broken wrist now, after just coming right after her broken foot.  Ouch!

Mike came home and Tom got collected and we fell asleep after reading and emailing.  The alarm was alarming once more this morning.

But, I drove in and I am ready for the trip up this afternoon.  Should be a lot of fun!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment