Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Wednesday with karate

Hi,

Ooooo - it is getting hard to climb out of bed when the alarm goes off at 5.30 each morning.  I need to get to sleep earlier!

Anyhow, yesterday I rode home and grabbed the car and went to watch karate.  Mike had already collected Toby, fed him and taken him there.  When I got there, Mike left to get the key for the lodge this weekend.  We're off on a family tramping trip to Ruapehu tomorrow after work.  I can't wait for it.  Should be a good weekend.

I took Jack home and then Toby and I went home for second dinner for Toby while he finished his homework.  We have signed him up for some exams part way through this year.  Apparently they were compulsory until this year so I suspect Scots is keen for Toby to do the English and Maths ones at the very least.  It will be a good indicator for him.  Exams.  Wow!  Poor kid.  Heheheh.

Speaking of which - I really need to do some.  I think I will aim for June/July this year.  Should be a slight change in routine for me to have to study for a bit.  But change is good, as they say.  What do they know?  Hahahah. 

I do know that I need a nice cup of tea about now.  We have to pack for the weekend tonight and do the grocery shopping for it.  We're taking a few more people than usual so we have overflowed to the wee green car.  I am driving that with Yingjie.  Cool!  Hope she doesn't mind my screeching.  I mean, singing.  Four hours of it.  What a treat for her.  ;-)  Actually, I am looking forward to her company.  She is a Buddhist and has a lovely calm about her that is enjoyable.  And a fantastic brain for good, stimulating conversation.  With an outlook unlike mine, so it is thought provoking.  Great fun!

The ride in was windy.  But the wind has crept around to a northerly.  So it pushed me most of the way into work.  And the roads were dry.  A car pulled out just as I rounded a corner at the top of the hill and I had to brake all the way down the hill behind it.  Maybe I need more lights!?  A beacon?  A lighthouse (oooo - remind me of the dumbest book I have ever read that I finally finished last night - don't read The Girl in the Lighthouse.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.)?

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment