Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Monday with nothing much except a sick Mike

Hi,

Wow - what crazy weather here in Wellington.  Mike had to go home at lunchtime because he got a migraine.  Actually, he got one and told me he couldn't go home because he was so busy but he'd lie down to recover somewhere.  And then he got another one, as if to drive home the idea that he should really be in his own bed.  So he took that second hint and went home.

At 5pm he told me that I should not contemplate riding my bike home because of the galeforce winds.  I tended to agree with him.  The wind was terrific.  Trouble is, the buses were disrupted because of a scaffolding incident further up the street.  I watched a cyclist ride past me down Lambton Quay and he had to stop a one point because the wind was blowing him over.  Hmmmmm.

Anyhow, this morning the rain is vertical - hardly a breath of wind.  But wet, wet, wet!

We have Billet Boy coming today.  He's a boy from Kings College called Jack and he's down here for some choir event.  I think he is two years older than Toby.  He's staying with us until Friday morning.  I hope he enjoys his stay.

Have a lovely day - stay dry if you're in Wellington.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment