Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Wednesday with nothing for me and Toby and tramping club night for Mike

Hi,

What a lovely day it was yesterday.  And what a difference a day makes in Wellington.  Hahahah.  Last night I rode home the long way up Ngaio Gorge and did my best time up the actual gorge itself.  9 minutes from bottom to top.  One gear higher than usual.  Oooossshhh!  Pretty happy about that.  And my overall time was pretty good - but I blame the traffic lights I just missed at the bottom of the gorge for missing an overall record time.

I had lunch yesterday for the user group planning session.  The iced coffee at Rahzoo was pretty good on the iced coffee scale.

Sluuuurrrpp.  And look at all those veges on my plate!  They even snuck beans into my salad.


Toby and I had a pleasant dinner.  I even got to chat to Aidan on the phone.  She's had quite a few hectic, frantic days and might be looking forward to our three day weekend even more than most folks.

After dinner I put a wash on, hung it out, did the dishes, helped Toby with homework and then I retrieved my trusty old bike from the shed and put it on the bike trainer Andrew has lent us.  I figured out how it worked for the most part and did 30 minutes on the bike while watching Toby play boring computer games.  Toby thought it was bonding time so I'd best not describe it as boring.  I enjoyed the clarity of the graphics.  How's that?  Hahahah.

After that I jumped in the shower and read to Toby.  Mike got home and we chatted a bit before sleep claimed me.  It had a great hold of me last night, I have to say. I reckon the house could have almost fallen down around my ears and I'd be none the wiser.

This morning is windy and rainy.  The ride in was a little less than pleasant.  But I didn't get too wet - just road surface water more then anything.  The wind was pretty strong though.

Toby said Grandparent day went well yesterday.  He said Nana was great and looked fit and healthy.  We're glad he's seen her!  To prove she really is here somewhere.  Wonder how long she's up for?

I'm going out for drinks tonight.  My turn to play.  Hahahah.  What fun!

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment