Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The weekend with a three day weekend

Hi,

I love three day weekends.  Such a great invention.  Hahahah!

Friday evening I rode home and collected Toby.  Mike got home a little later after his meeting at work with Richard from the tramping club.  Then Saturday we were up early.  I was going to ride with a bunch of people but the daunting amount of work I needed to get through meant I stayed at home and got stuck in.  Mike and Toby headed off for their haircut while I did loads of housework.  But I did get a bike ride in - 50 minutes.  That's okay.

Toby and Mike got back and looked gorgeous with their haircuts.  I convinced Mike to relax with me in the bath while Toby played with his new computer game and we used a cool bath bomb with glitter inside.  Mike got a migraine though and spent the rest of the afternoon in bed.  So I got Toby ready for his sleepover for William's party and dropped him off.  Then back to make sure Mike was okay before I met Christine at the East Day Spa.  She had booked us a massage each - and I have to say it was pretty nice.  I'm not sure what they thought of my sparkly body - the glitter was everywhere!

Went back home to collect Mike and off to Capitol to meet Kara for dinner.  Scrumptious there as usual.  I do like that place.  I had beetroot risotto and it was so good!  Better than Mike's vegetarian beef!  Snort!

Dropped Kara off home and home to bed!  Sunday morning Mike was up early to head to Steve's place for tramping club nerdiness.  I was hoping to get tot he supermarket before the Tabors arrived with Emerson and Duncan.  But they were early and I only had time to nip out and collect Toby from his sleepover before they arrived.  I got to look after Lulu too!  Lulu and I lay around in the sun, me reading, her sleeping (and shedding hairs all over the place - even in places she surely never actually physically went to!).  Turns out Aidan and Josh quite liked one of the places they saw.  Oooooohhhhh.

Aidan was as prepared as ever and brought lunch to feed the boys.  Thank goodness.  It was a lovely lunch!

When they left I went grocery shopping with Toby.  We got home and started work on the pumpkin carving.  Asking Aidan was no use - it turns out Americans breed thin shelled pumpkins for carving.  She told me not to even bother with these concrete things here.

My hand is stuck!

Oh yeah!
Lucky I didn't listen to her.  Lucky I still have all my fingers intact though!

Then Sunday evening we had Kara and Hayley around for tea.  Hayley has just arrived in the country to study her PhD at Vic and is a friend of John's in Southampton.  She was splendid company and likes skiing, rugby and motorcycles.  Awesome interests!  Such a well rounded individual!

I drove them home at the end of the night and enjoyed the singing on the way home.  Venus looked stunning.

Monday morning came and the third day off was pleasant!  Mike headed off for more website work and Toby and I relaxed at home.  We had lunch and I read.  We popped into The Warehouse for Halloween stuff.  I now have to make Toby into a vampire.  Oh dear.

Mike's mother came around for tea and she tried to grin and bear the dhal I cooked up.  She did far better than Toby.  Toby complained the whole way through the food!

Then I did a big bike ride and watched a movie before I fell asleep.  Actually Mike put the movie on just for me and I completely have no recollection of him turning it off at any stage.  Yes - I fell asleep during the movie.

Today is the most stunning day ever!  Wellington is gorgeousness itself.  It must mean Andrew has finished cycling and the nice weather can now appear.  Hahahah!

Have a great week (a short one here in NZ).

Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Yep - finished on Sunday with a mad dash to the ferry via Port Underwood. Monday was a perfect day for washing bikes and smelly clothes.

    ab

    ReplyDelete