Friday, October 25, 2013

The Thursday with drinks out for me

Hi,

Isn't it a surprise that it was me going out to the pub for drinks instead of Mike?  I owed my manager a few drinks for some work related things she did for me.  We finally settled on a date that suited and we sat down for a good old chat and ate our way through the potato based products on the menu.  Hahahah.

The weather has really packed in - even by Wellington standards.  The wind is still string and gusty and the rain is nowhere near being vertical!  So much so that I rang Mike and he drove in with Toby to come and get me.  We dropped my manager off home too.  She lives up in Brooklyn and it's been a while since we've been up there.  Quite like that suburb.

Because I never had my bike at home, and I needed to be in at work by 7am, I decided to walk in this morning.  Made good time and enjoyed the solitude of an early morning walk.  Lucky I was early and lucky I decided to complete my conclusion to my speech last night.  I was the reserve speaker for the Toastmasters session this morning, not expecting to have to talk.  But someone pulled out so I had to give my speech!  Phew.  It went okay.

We have a long weekend here this weekend.  Mike has work to do for tramping club.  Toby has a sleepover.  I have some cycling to do.  I'd like to tackle the garden a bit too.  But that might be a step too far!

Have a lovely weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment