Monday, October 7, 2013

The weekend with painting

Hi,

I left a wee bit early from work on Friday (technically, I didn't as I had been there since 7am but it was earlier than a normal Friday departure) and hopped in the car.  My mission was to collect Toby, Emerson and Duncan from their Waikanae holiday programme.  Aidan left Ohakea at the same time as I left Wellington.  Due to traffic leaving Wellington in droves for the weekend, she actually beat me to the children!  So my mission changed to collecting the pizzas.

Back to eat the pizzas and catch up a little with Aidan.  She has been busy with her work.  Certainly keeping her out of mischief.  The boys had hatched a plan to come back to our place and have a sleepover.  Aidan was happy to oblige so the boys packed and dragged me out of the house.  We had a nice drive down to Wellington.  I love listening to the conversations Toby has with his friends in the car.  It's where you learn everything.

The boys slept in our room so they could watch television and I slept in Toby's bed.  Slept like a log!  Next morning I got up and started painting prep.  Then I got the boys up for breakfast at Drexels.  The customer service was woeful and if it was just me and Toby, I would have left already.  But Emerson and Duncan were keen to eat there, so we stayed.  And I complained and got drinks and my meal free.  I wonder if they have to do that a lot.  Anyhow, it was okay, but I think there are far better places to eat breakfasts in Wellington and I won't be rushing back.

Emerson has a Toby flea in his ear

Duncan is set!

Now Duncan has an Emerson flea in his ear
Went back home and I started painting.  I got everything undercoated.  I opened the aquaenamel to find the lid had rusted on and all the rust had fallen into the paint.  Ruined!  Sam arrived to play so there was no way I could get four boys in the car for a trip to the hardware shop for more paint.  Then William arrived anyway and I had a cup of tea with Louise.

Josh came to get the boys and took them back home.  After another 90 minutes I took Sam home and the opportunity to get the paint arrived!  Yay!  Bunnings in Lyall Bay had it all!

Back home and Toby and I relaxed reading in bed for the evening.  Such a nice evening.

Sunday I was up early and I got top coats on almost everything.  It looked pretty good after about 7 hours of painting.

Hard to capture the painting effort

After I put everything away I did the ironing and got that out of the way for the week.  Then up to cook tea.  The massive pumpkin was beckoning so I hacked into it and made pumpkin risotto.
Far easier to capture the dinner effort
Mike got home from his tramping and ate the risotto with gusto and declared he'd eat it five days a week if I made it.  Well, that was a compliment indeed, but not going to happen.  Risotto is far too high maintenance for cooking on a school night!

Monday morning is lovely here.  I saw Jupiter shining brightly this morning.  And the day has stayed lovely.  I got up to 63 km/hr on my way in this morning, pedalling furiously down the hill.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment