Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Monday with Mike sick

Hi,

Well, I did have plans for riding home the super long way and I was pretty excited about it.  I thought a ride along the bays and up into Brooklyn and home via Aro would be such fun.  But at 5pm Mike texted me.  And even through the text I could hear the pitiful tone of a man that was beaten.  He wanted me to come straight home to help him out.  He'd been to the doctor during the day and had medicines galore from her.

Mike's haul of medication from the doctor

So, home I went the short way.  Got home and Toby was doing his homework and Mike was lying in bed.  I made dinner.  Mike said he didn't want any.  But oddly enough, when he saw the awesome food I had cooked, he ate loads!

Spinach and feta enchiladas

Don't  tell anyone but I needed guidance on how to cook them.  Over a year ago Aidan had come to our place and cooked up a storm.  She made a Mexican feast on that day.  And chicken enchiladas were one of the things she cooked.  So I determined today was the day I was going to try it.  I admit, she had to text me the basic recipe idea.  But, once I had that, I was in flow and the enchiladas were scrumptious.  I did some chicken ones and vegetarian ones.

This morning is glorious in Wellington.  The sort of day that makes you want to live here.  Oh.  Look!  I do live here!

The view from our dining room this morning
By the time I sat down to breakfast the beautiful hanging clouds in the valley had gone.  My ride in was such fun!  I pedalled for all I was worth down the hill and I may have got to a new maximum speed.  But I couldn't tell, because the wind blurred my eyes.  I started to slow down, but by the time I could blink the tears away, I saw 61 km/hr.  So presumably I was much faster than that.

Mike was going to stay home again today but he is so busy at work with meetings and deadlines that he can't.  So I am going to ride home the short way again and do the Toby evening shift while he works late.  Groan!  He's such a trooper but I hope he doesn't get worse because of it.  He needs to start riding his bike again.  I figure if we take turns riding home the long way over summer, he'd get super fit.

Have a lovely day.  Try not to be jealous of the day we have here in Wellington today!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment