Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Wednesday in Auckland - but coming home too

Hi,

Auckland was lovely yesterday.  Blue skies, no wind.  I had an okay day in the morning - nice breakfast with a colleague up there.  But she had some bad news about another colleague and got a bit upset.  The food did keep me full all day though.  Huge eggs Benedict.  And cheaper than anywhere in Wellington too.  And, did you guess?  An iced coffee.  The iced coffee here is pretty good.  A bit too sweet to vie for any top honours in my opinion.  But this is the second one I have had there, and it was the same as the first.  They get marks for consistency.

It's entirely possible that the food takes centre stage here.  It was good!

Auckland CBD from the harbour bridge


Yes - I always feel like a tourist in Auckland.  See?  Wonder what the taxi driver thought.  Mind you, he may have been a tourist too as he had no idea how to get to Khyber Pass Road.

Off to the airport and home again.  Scoffed toast before bed.  The breakfast was huge, but not quite huge enough to get me through to Weetbix this morning.

The boys were all good.  The house was a shambles.  Mike says it is far better that I get here and the place obviously barely manages without me, rather than I come home to a spotless, smooth household.  I am actually withholding judgement on that to be honest!  Hahahahah.  You should see the mountain of laundry.  And I had to tidy the kitchen before making lunches.  Wow!

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment