Monday, November 18, 2013

The weekend with Mike sick

Hi,

A weekend in Wellington.  The weather was a little odd.  Misty, drizzly rain and low hanging clouds.  Saturday I got up early and fussed around getting ready for a bike ride.  Int he end I left just after 9am and went to Trentham.  The head wind meant it wasn't as easy as it could have been along SH2.  But after one scary truck passing me and causing my bike to buffet a lot, the rest of the ride was uneventful.

At Trentham I met Nadine, from the project I worked on  last year.  She drove to the station and we rode together around Whitemans Valley.  It was a really nice ride and we saw loads of cyclists.  Back to Trentham and I rode home.  Along SH2 the wind was behind me and I hooned down, sitting comfortably on 30 - 35m/hr.  Up Ngaio Gorge and home.

Mike was sick and slowly getting sicker during the weekend.  This morning he is at home trying to recover.  Poor chap.

But Sunday we pottered around before leaving for family lunch.  Sally put on the best lunch ever!  Well, all her meals are like that.  But the pulled pork in the slow cooker was exceptional!

Buffet style

Good to see everyone too!  Andrew had just got back from an awesome ride from his place, to Whitemans Valley, over the Akatarawas to Waikanae, down to Paekakariki, up over the hill and back home.  Wow.  I want to do that!

Back home to get ready for the week.  I made a nice light tea and we all eventually went to bed.

The week looks reasonably busy.  And this weekend coming in Toby's party weekend.  Hope Mike is okay for that!

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment