Friday, November 15, 2013

The Thursday with a BBQ

Hi,

Thursday turned into a lovely day - lucky for that huge cruise ship in port.  And I notice another one in this morning too (Friday - and it is even lovelier than yesterday).  They will all want to live here after their visits.

I scored a lunch with Aidan yesterday, which was nice.  We ate outside her work as we both had meetings either side of a lunch gap and not a lot of time for anywhere nicer.  It was good to catch up with her news though.  She loves her work, which is a great thing to hear.  My work is quite a different feel to hers at the moment I think.

Josh also dropped off a folder for Sophie at work.  So although I missed Josh, at least I had an excuse to see Sophie.  She thinks the folder is perfect for her work and is very pleased with it.  Josh is stationery master, mind you.  A few requirements elicited from Sophie and he knew what she wanted.  And it turns out, he had it too!  Hahahah.

I rode home after work and found the boys deep into the evening routine already, despite riding home the short way to see more of them.  Mike cooked up a meal on the BBQ and we ate outside on the deck in the sunshine.  Very nice.  Toby interviewed me for homework about my early schooling (Yes!  I did remember things, and yes, I agree.  It was a long time ago now).

Mike and I had a bath and chatted about work and tramping things.  These are the two most exciting things happening in our lives.  Boring, eh?  Hahahah.

Then to bed.  I was asleep pretty fast after I put my book down.  Mike worked late next to me, but I have no recollection of any of that!

This weekend I want to do a long bike ride and meet up with a client to do a wee loop with her.  She is training for an event soon too.  Unfortunately, she has way more sense than me.  Her event is a 40 km thing, unlike my 160km thing.  What was I thinking?  I have asked people to shoot me if I say I'll do Taupo again another year.  Hmmmmm.  I hate to suggest it, but I am thinking I might get an even better time next year.  No!!!  Aaaarrrgghhhh!! Shoot me now!

I need a tea.  All right and proper decisions are made with tea.

Have a fantastic weekend.  Hope your weather is as lovely as here.  Stunning today!
Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment