Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Wednesday with user group

Hi,

After a crazy day at work, ameliorated by an unexpected lunch with Aidan, I wandered over to the user group session.  However, apart from the always excellent conversation with Aidan, I have to comment on the iced coffee I got at the Mojos opposite her work.

This iced coffee at Mojos on Hill St was amazing


I was apprehensive as the two women behind the till were discussing what an iced coffee actually meant.  They asked me questions about it.  Muttering words like "frappe" and "vanilla powder".  I said I'd drink anything I got given.  We sat down and my coffee was pretty quick coming.  It looked unlike any other iced coffee I had ever tried.  But when I took a sip, I knew it had been done to perfection.  Strong on top, and sweet underneath.  No cream, just milk.  Lots of ice.  It was very good indeed.  The roast pumpkin tart on the other hand, would have been inedible if not for the chutney it came with.  Aidan's soup - all good!  Next time:  another iced coffee and their soup!

Anyhow, off to user group and it was good fun.  We had over twenty punters to hear Rami talk about CRM 2013.  Choice!

Mike and Toby picked me up afterwards and I dropped Mike and Toby at tramping club to hear all about munroe bagging in Scotland and I took Fran home.  Had a cup of tea and chatted away.  Then back to collect the boys and home to bed!

I'm off to dinner and a movie tonight with Sophie.  Been looking forward to it all week.  We'll see Runner Runner.  The idea of seeing Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake in the same movie is very alluring.  They are rather nice looking.

The weather is wet here today.  Bit like most of yesterday.  The cruise ship contents yesterday might not have fallen in love with Wellington.  I heard and saw plenty of North American types wandering around town yesterday.

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment