Friday, November 8, 2013

The Thursday with dinner and a movie for me

Hi,

I had a lovely evening yesterday.  Met up with Sophie and went to a Vietnamese restaurant not far from the cinemas near Courtney Place.  The food was good - not great, but pretty good.  And an ex work colleague arrived so I said hello to her (Qing from NZTE days).  We also saw Sophie's cousin, Sophie's old boss and a current colleague of mine.  Seems like Thursdays are the night to go out.

We went to see Runner Runner and despite the pleasure of seeing Justin Timberlake for two hours, I found it a little boring.  Bit slow, not a lot of action.  And not terribly original.  Ben Affleck was his handsome self as well.

But I got to drive Sophie home and have finally visited Cannons Creek.  I wanted to stop and take a photo of the "Welcome to Cannons Creek" sign, but Sophie told me someone would steal my phone.  So we kept driving.  Hahahah.  Sang all the way home and cuddled up to Mike and fell asleep!

Toby has a big day at school today.  Placement tests for classes for year 7.  Hope he is okay.

And it was my last session for the toastmasters.  I had a brain implosion because I forgot I was supposed to prepare the table topic items.  I made up the questions before it started (lucky I get in early).  Phew!  All good fun!

But a highlight has been my early morning bike ride or walk in.  And this morning I saw a kōtare on my way in.  I love those little birds.  Makes me happy to see them.

Believe me - that is a kotare


This weekend is exciting.  It's Vivienne's birthday tomorrow.  Happy birthday to Vivienne.  We're off to the Wairarapa to camp and see an air show.  I am going to do a decent bike ride as well.  Sunday we have the Wadestown House and Garden walk and a play to see.  Great weekend.  Can't wait.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment