Monday, November 25, 2013

The weekend with lovely weather and Toby's survivalist party

Hi,

What a great weekend.  I'm going to have to ask Mike to edit this blog and put photos up from his weekend with Toby and his mates as they celebrated Toby's birthday with a weekend camping in bivvys in the bush.  The photos I saw were amazing.  Toby was really excited by it.  And I commissioned a work colleague to make the cup cakes for his birthday, with a survivalist theme.  Look what she came up with!


Fondant huhu grubs!

Lots of huhu grubs


I work with talented people, that's for sure.  These huhu grubs are on chocolate cupcakes (Toby's favourite) with leaves and logs (flakes!).  They looked amazing - and tasted great too!  All the boys thought so.

Anyhow, while Mike and Toby were having fun in the bush, my weekend was just as much fun (well, maybe apart from the manic 4 hours of housework on Sunday morning).  Friday night I rode out to meet everyone on Petone beach for burgers.  Then I rode home.  It was a lovely evening for it.

Saturday morning I did a bit of grocery shopping for the boys before helping them pack.  Then I was off to drop off Andrew's bike gear and over the hill to Waikanae to collect Aidan.  I caught her boys doing the last bit of packing for Toby's party and then we were all off.  Aidan and I to see the Hunger Games Catching Fire, and the boys to Catchpool to find my boys.

Aidan suggested the Lighthouse at Pauatahanui and it was a lovely wee cinema.  We got there early and Aidan got a late lunch and I had an iced coffee.

Pretty good iced coffee.  Full fat milk or something, but the finish was lovely


I enjoyed the movie a lot.  Far better than most movies I have seen lately.  I think Aidan wasn't too traumatised by it all.  It went for ages!  Nearly 2 and a half hours.

After it was done we went for dinner to Duck Creek.  The weather was glorious and I got a bit of sun.  Aidan made me go get my cap on from the car.  Yeah - I was getting a bit pink.

Wearing a sensible hat

After dinner we were completely full and drove back to Waikanae.  Aidan suggested walking Lulu and it was a perfect way to feel better after such a huge meal.  Lulu loved it.  I heard all about Aidan breaking her ankle when Emerson was 6 months old and on her back in a backpack.  Made for an awkward flight home, being wheeled through the airport with two wee kids on top of her and Josh carrying car seats and backpacks through the airport.  So, to say I had a momentary panic when Aidan disappeared while talking to me, is an understatement.  Fortunately she didn't hurt herself as she fell.  Those dodgy ankles of hers.  And I think I could have got her home as we were actually almost across the road from her house by then.

Back home for a glass of water and a cup of tea.  Josh and Emerson arrived from the party (Emerson was a bit sick) and I headed home with Venus shining brightly overhead.

Sunday morning I did loads of housework and the house looks okay.  Mike and Toby got back with Duncan and Aidan came in to collect him.  Mike got to chat to Aidan finally (he's been missing her company of late).  
Jake came around to play for the afternoon.  Mike and I relaxed.  Cooked a nice dinner.  Relaxing.

Next weekend is the Taupo race.  Very excited.  Have a great week.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment