Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Tuesday in Auckland

Hi,

Auckland is lovely.  I always feel like a tourist when I'm here.  It has all the cues and prompts for an exotic destination.  Far larger than Wellington.  Warmer than Wellington.  Taller buildings.  People everywhere.  Full of people from exciting countries.  Is every waiter in Auckland here on a working holiday or something?

Anyhow, after paying a fortune in taxis all over the city, and for the hotel (what's with that?  Work usually pays for it!), I am contributing to the economy as well.  Hopefully I claim it all back quick-smart.

The work itself is good fun too.  Nice, happy client.  Although my friend Roz says I may have got the only happy client in Auckland.  Hahahah.  We met at the user group session here in Auckland after work.  Roz often goes and given it was on and in a convenient place for dinner afterwards, we decided to go.

Dinner was at The Footstore at the Viaduct.  Very pleasant it was too.  And guess what they made me for after the meal?  Yeah - an iced coffee!

Roz's camera has built-in soft focus look!


It was a really good iced coffee.  Roz has a taste as well.  Mind you, her straw had a hole in it, so she slurped for all she was worth and hardly got anything.  The straw spurted coffee out the side like a ruptured artery.  But she got a taste.  And the next thing she said was "Why don't you like normal coffee?  And what is the difference between this and a cold latte?".  Hahahah.  She stumped me.  Maybe I do like normal coffee after all.  I may have to experiment.

Actually, I think the trouble is, I like coffee within a narrow range of the spectrum.  Tea I can drink anywhere on the spectrum, from weak to strong.  I can even have it with or without milk (if I needed to, under extenuating circumstances).  Sugar even (shudder).  But coffee has to be just right.

Roz dropped me back to the hotel and I got into bed after chatting to Mike and Toby.  Mike forgot to make Toby any lunch yesterday.  Fortunately it coincided with the Spanish morning tea so I think Toby had some food during the day.  Probably made him ravenous for the Burger Wisconsin he and Benjamin had.

This morning is gorgeous here.  Lovely weather.  Looks like today is going to be stunning.  Wish I was on holiday.

Takapuna - and that wee lake

Takapuna beach


Hope you have a wonderful day.  See you back in Wellington this evening!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment