Monday, November 11, 2013

The weekend with fluid plans - in more ways than one

Hi,

Friday was the weirdest day for weather here.  Started off super foggy in the morning.  So foggy that I could barely make out a cruise ship in port.  And the cruise ship inhabitants probably never realised how lovely Wellington looks as the city was shrouded in fog.  The views from the top of the cable car must have been... underwhelming.  After 1pm, the day cleared up to a stunning day!

Anyhow, the fluid plans of the weekend started almost immediately.  Mind you, we did have ambitious plans for the weekend.  Perhaps it is unsurprising the plans changed.

Aidan contacted me and asked me if I was free to take her home from work a little late.  I changed my evening plans (a party in town with a work colleague) and went home with Mike to collect Toby.  Toby had a good day and found the placement tests a little tricky in places, but overall he seemed okay.  He is in Ferguson House for the rest of his Scots life.  After grabbing the wee green car from home I nipped back into town to collect Aidan and we drove home with the music on and singing.  Stopped at a kebab in Mana and ate hunkered down behind the table so my work colleague who owns the Indian restaurant next door wouldn't see me.  I made it - I think!

Continued the drive to Waikanae with singing and ran into the fog again.  Hanging over the Kapiti Coast.  Weird.  It was like night again.  I got a cup of tea with Aidan and caught up briefly with Josh and the boys.  I don't rate highly over Iron Man television, obviously.  Aidan is already moving contents out of her house and I have some things in the boot to distribute to willing recipients.  We giggled a bit at me giving Aidan a boost up to her high cupboard to fish out boxes of preserving jars.  Perhaps she needs a wee ladder to help her over the next month or so!

Anyhow, the drive back into town was brilliant.  Top down, Venus and the moon looking amazing.  People were letting off fireworks as well, so all in all, it was a great drive back.  Oddly, it was raining on me by the time I drove into the garage.  Wellington is having some weird weather.

Our sleep was interrupted by vomiting Toby at 4am!  And again an hour later.  And again.  So the weekend of camping and cycling in the Wairarapa was shelved in favour of close proximity to a bathroom.  Not long after Mike left to deliver trampers from the railway station to the bottom of the Wairarapa, Toby's other end started as well. Nice.  Impetus for me to get up and start laundry.

I tidied and Toby eventually got an appetite so I made him lunch.  Mike got back quite late and the gorgeous sunshine made me lethargic.  So much so that I lay in the sun all afternoon reading.  The rest of the day passed like that.

Sunday we got up to get ready for the Wadestown House and Garden walk.  I made breakfast for the boys and tidied.  Actually, I think I read a lot.  I have a good series of books to read right now.  In fact, life is getting in the way right now of my books!

Sally came around after lunch and we left to explore the houses.  Had a great time.  Lovely houses.  Lovely gardens.  Had to ring for an ambulance when an elderly lady tripped over a kerb and split her head open and possibly broke her arm.  Horrible.  I saw it all and it makes me cringe even now.  But a nurse was present and she took control.

Sally and I wandered back home after that and nearly saw a car accident on the way.  Back home we jumped in the car and went to see a play for Vivienne's birthday.  Con it was called.  Good stuff.  Off to tea afterwards at Restaurant 88.  Yum!  And then an impromptu iced coffee/dessert stop at Joe's Garage.

Vivienne's new awesome toy - no - not John!  The mini tablet.


Aaahhhh.  Joe's iced coffee.

Andrew tries the iced coffee again - we checked that it was Jan 16th 2013 when he tried it last


Back home to bed.  Toby seems well recovered from his weird sickness.  Thank goodness.  I'm off to Auckland for work tomorrow and Wednesday.  Try to make sure the boys behave themselves in my absence.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment