Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Monday with nothing except Mike working late

Hi,

After a day where it was pretty much business as usual, I rode home and enjoyed the ride.  It was a slight southerly - I like it when the ride is wind-assisted.  Toby and I walked from the library to home and had a lovely chat.

Got home and tidied up after the weekend (washing and putting things away).  Now at least the lounge is not messy - merely in need of a good lux and dust.  So, pretty normal then!  I made dinner for me and Toby and then we relaxed into our evening.  I was in the bath and Toby was in bed when Mike finally got home.  He decided to join me and we enjoyed the hot bath for a while before getting out.

Merlot the cat has come back.  She's just as grumpy as ever.  Mike let her under our covers (his side of the bed!!) and she purred and purred.  But it must have been too hot for her.  She decided she wanted to sleep on Toby's bed.  But Toby (wisely) doesn't trust her.  So Mike had to move her.  This was when the battle of wills started.  Merlot displayed her growling hissing nature and Mike showed his sterner side.  How he managed to get her out the door I don't know.  She sounded like a Fury!  But, at least we all went to sleep after that!

This morning is gorgeous here!  Still, frosty, blue skies.  My ride in was cold.  Deliciously cold!  My fingers are throbbing nicely now at my desk after the blood has come back.

Have a wonderful day.  Hope this weather lasts a few days.  Nice.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment