Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Wednesday with nothing for me but busy for Mike

Hi,

Mike stayed at home with Toby again yesterday and worked from home.  But he also had to pop into town three times for meetings and to collect his laptop.  Poor guy.  I was excited to ride home after catching the bus in and got changed and went down to the basement.  Only to "remember" as I pushed my bike out that I had a puncture.

As I rode in on Tuesday morning I checked my tyres as always.  I thought the back one was a bit soft, so I pumped it up.  As I crossed the kerb behind the Beehive, I thought it felt a bit odd.  So I stopped right behind the Beehive and sure enough - the back tyre was flat.  Wheeled my bike to work and promptly forgot about it being flat in all the Toby fuss.

So - I had to rush home because Mike was in town for a meeting and Toby was at home.  Did I try and fix my puncture there and then and be thirty minutes late?  Or catch a bus now and collect the bike later?

A 22 came past and I ran with my pannier in hand and bike shorts on and jumped on.  I might have been the only person on the bus in shorts, but the way they pump up the heaters, I think the other passengers might have rather fancied being in shorts too.

As I went past Kelburn School, I saw our car parked there.  Now I understood Mike's text saying "Car parked on Kelburn High st.  Can you collect it?"  No, was the answer as I went past on the bus with no car keys on me.

I made dinner for Toby and chatted to Christine and then Aidan to catch up with them.  Then Mike got home with good news about his work (he got a promotion!).  Woot!  Time to celebrate.

I had to catch the bus in again this morning.  Stunning day it is too.  Would have been a lovely ride.

Have a marvellous day!

Love,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment