Monday, August 4, 2014

The weekend with no skiing

Hi,

We got away at a decent time from the railway station in Wellington.  Mike grabbed our car full of gear and went tot he ferry terminal and collected the van (and transferred all our gear).  Came back to the station and collected us.  Ilske and Kara were coming - awesome news!

Mike drove and I sat in the back row with Kara and Ilske.  It was lovely weather with stars until just past Waiouru.  Then it started raining.  And it never stopped raining for the rest of the weekend.

I have never seen such rain - heavy, driving rain.  Washing away snow like it was late spring!

It's a bit difficult to describe any highlights because my weekend was passed by reading in my bunk and chatting to people.  It was actually rather pleasant.  Enforced relaxation.  Ilske studied Spanish.  Kara studied her creative writing subject.  I finished books and listened to music.

Dessert time!

Mike had a great time chatting to everyone and poking around the lodge fixing things.  He loves this kind of thing.  He and Kara believe that is the end of the ski season.  I am far more optimistic.  It'll come right.

We packed up on Sunday and had a leisurely drive down.  Andrew will be pleased to know I bought ski pants from the outdoor shop in Taihape.  He likes to support that place.

Back home to cook tea and iron.  Hahahah.  Same old.  My ride in this morning was lovely - the roads were quite dry.

Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment