Friday, August 22, 2014

The Thursday with #WFH

Hi,

Well, working from home worked quite well yesterday.  The network connection was okay - and I got quite a bit of work done.  I had to pop into town to visit two clients after lunch and that went well.  It was freezing in town!  Brrrrr.  Came back home and I'm not sure Toby even knew I had left and returned.

Mike got home after his working day and brought me home some beautiful flowers.  Some of my colleagues had told him I had a bad day at work. Well, it wasn't the worst of days, to be honest.  Pretty par for the course.  But maybe I was a little more vocal in expressing my dissatisfaction than usual.

Flowers!

Isn't he sweet?  Love them!  And you won't notice that I carefully composed the photo to hide the blue plastic water jug vase (hopefully).  Mike says I need to go shopping for a vase this weekend.  I have a ginormous vase that can fit the biggest bunch of flowers ever.  Well, maybe a small tree, actually.  And a vase that can fit two wee flowers.  But nothing in-between.  My mission is to find a replacement.

Went for my run this morning and it was hard to get out of bed.  The rain was pouring down.  During my run it was only light rain, but the southerly was cold!  Cold!  And my ride in was not nice.  I had my laptop in my pannier, and it was wet and really windy.  Not a nice ride.

The weekend looms large!  Woot!  Bring it on.  4pm can't come soon enough.  Emerson and Duncan are coming for a sleepover tonight and Mike, Josh and Aidan are meeting Adam (and maybe Andrew) and heading out to find some quality beer.  Quality - rather than quantity.  I hope.  Then tomorrow I hope to do a bike ride (but the weather might have other ideas - not a good forecast) and then have lunch with Aidan and the boys before a movie.  Sunday is free at this stage.

Right.  Time to get stuck in!  Have the best day ever!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment