Friday, August 15, 2014

The Thursday with nothing

Hi,

Well, not too bad a day really.  At about 2.30pm, some southerly storm slammed into Wellington, with a massive (but short) hailstorm and thunder.  A bolt of lightning hit the wind wand in Evans Bay, not far from where Toby was with his school (ASB Arena).  Apparently some glass panels on the roof of the arena broke from the hail.  Crazy weather.  And the morning had been so beautiful.  I rode home past piles of hailstones - and that was two hours later!

Cooked dinner when I got home and Toby practised his speech for school.  Mike got home and felt a bit under the weather with his cold.  He spoke to his parents for a while to find out how they are (okay - but tired).  Fed him up and we had a bath to relax.  Seemed to work.  I certainly slept well.

What else?  Nice ride in this morning - so windy though.  When I went for my run this morning, it blew my cap off!  But it is a cold wind from the south.  Brought snow to down south and the hills in the north.

I think Andrew and I are heading off to Ruapehu for a ski day - either tomorrow or Sunday.  I'll watch the forecast.  Mike is probably taking a sick day today - he wasn't well again this morning.  Coughing and tired.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment