Monday, August 11, 2014

The weekend with Mike tramping

Hi,

I am so a tramping widow - Mike went off Friday evening in the Corolla with 4 other punters to Irongate Hut in the Ruahines.  Bit of a drive, but they made good time by the sound of it.

Meanwhile, Toby and I got Nandos for his tea and snuggled up in bed to watch a Batman movie.  We both fell asleep and I woke up to see it had started again and was ten minutes in once more.  Oops.  Turned it off and fell back asleep.

We both slept in and eventually roused ourselves for breakfast and Toby's haircut.  Oooohhh - he looks good!  Back to William's house via the supermarket and Toby had a play with William for the afternoon.

I went off for my messages after tidying the house a bit - at least the laundry is under control.  Then back home and Toby and William arrived.  Will stayed for a sleepover.  I made them dinner and then Christine came for a sleepover with me.  We watched Foyle's War until I fell asleep in my sleeping bag on the couch.  Christine went to make sure the boys went to bed.  She's good to me!

Next morning we had breakfast and Christine went off to get her car from where Victor is stabled and William walked home and Toby and I went in to have Yum Cha.  Toby used chopsticks properly for the first time - and he did quite well!

Toby tackling chopsticks

It needs concentration

Got the tea nailed though

Then I dropped him off at the Reading cinema for Jake's birthday party (they saw Guardians of the Galaxy) and headed home.  Mike was home!  Yay!  We caught up on each other's weekend and then went down to collect Toby from the movie.  Back home for dinner and ironing.  But not before I took a picture of the moonrise over the harbour.

Moonrise over the harbour

I had a bit of a disaster cooking tea.  Burnt my toast and frazzled Mike's rice to a crisp.  Not sure what happened.  Mike was laughing at my cooking inabilities.  I have vowed to make him cook for the rest of our lives.  Somehow, I think that won't happen.  Mike said my cooking talent is redeemable - I need to start with rice and toast and get that nailed.  Hahahah.  Then he laughed and said I cooked like he did maths.  He can do calculus and integration, but can't add 5 + 4.  I can cook dinners, but failed with rice and toast.  Maybe he has a point.

Right.  Time for the week to begin.  Windy today.  And the rain sprinkled down as I went for my run this morning.  Nice run though.  I'm pleased that has started up again.  Bike ride was okay - the rain had well and truly wet the roads by then though.

Have a marvellous week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment