Monday, August 25, 2014

The weekend with great fun all round

Hi,

Friday night saw Mike out on the town with his friends (Andrew, Adam, Josh, Aidan and others) and they went on a pub crawl after work, sampling the delights of the craft beer scene (well, that's what I was told - they may have been drinking any old rubbish, I wouldn't know).  I was actually surprised when Mike got home at a reasonable hour (11pm).  Although I was already comatose and he banged on the French door and scared me awake.  The boys (Toby, Emerson and Duncan) were sleeping in the lounge upstairs.

Mike then got into bed and told me all about the evening.  He was slightly uncoordinated and I got kneed and hit in the head a few times.  I told him it was like having an elephant in the bed with me.  Whereupon, he took that to mean he should do elephant impersonations.  I got trumpeting and trunk waving for ages until I told him he might wake the boys and have to do a lot of explaining!

Slept well and stayed in bed the next morning until Mike woke up.  We got up and went upstairs to get breakfast for the boys.  Toby slept through it all.  Eventually Emerson and Duncan went to our room and played and Mike cuddled up on the couch and was asleep in seconds.  So my two boys slept on the couches while I finished laundry and watched Aidan's boys play.  Weird.

My boys woke up at about 11 and I made lunch around 12.  Seemed to go down quite well.  Aidan called me after 1pm and I went to her place to collect her.  Then met Christine at Joe's Garage for lunch.


Two iced coffees please


We ordered drinks when we got to Christine's table.  Christine had just ordered a latte and asked Aidan to go to the counter and cancel that order and get another iced coffee instead.  She came back and declared that despite some initial confusion, she had managed to do that.  Then the latte arrived.  No one wanted it.  The waitress was confused.  Aidan said she'd drink it.  But I took it off her, because Aidan never drinks coffee and although Aidan has mentioned strange things happen to her when she drinks coffee, and I am intrigued and would like to witness this at some stage, I wasn't prepared to see anything odd at that particular moment.

So I tried the coffee and wondered how I would make any in-roads into it.  But then my iced coffee arrived and as I slurped my way through it, I filled it up from the hot coffee.  Worked a treat!

We chatted away - Aidan and Christine hadn't seen each other for a while.  Good times.  Then I drove Christine home via The Warehouse and collected Aidan back from Te Papa (where she nipped out to get a card) and we went grocery shopping for the evening.

Back to our house and we dropped Toby off at his sleepover with Magnus and then took the majority shareholders of Tabors to their house for tea.  Aidan cooked the nicest dinner.  We both loved it!  Then we went home and watched the All Blacks pummel the Wallabies into oblivion!  Ooossshhh!  Great way to round off the day!

Sunday I got up and did a bike ride around the bays.  47km in 2hours and 12 minutes.  Now I have a time to beat.  Won't be hard to better that because it was a fierce southerly and nothing between my head and the South Pole for quite a lot of that ride.  But it blew me up the big hill at the other end, so I wasn't complaining by the time I got there.

Home to grab Toby and collect Emerson and Duncan (well, Mike did that) and off to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  I loved it!  Cried, laughed, loved the one-liners.  Great movie.  Glad I said I'd take the boys.  My selfish gene meant I never got time on Saturday to take them as I was enjoying lunch with Christine and Aidan too much.  So, I felt like I needed to do it on Sunday!

While I was at the movies, Aidan looked after Christine (see in the photo?  Christine came off her bike and has a pretty sore arm!).  Did her dishes and ironing and got some groceries for her.  I think I just had Aidan niceness reinforced.

Came home and did my own ironing.  And after dinner, I went grocery shopping.  When I got back, Mike helpfully helped me putting away the groceries.  When the bread rolls wouldn't quite fit in the freezer bags, he bit the ends of the long ones and shoved them in!  Hahahahah.  He is so funny.  I'll make sure he only get those ones!

Right.  Time for the week to begin!  Have a great week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment