Friday, March 3, 2017

The Thursday with dragon boat training

Hi,

I had a follow up visit to the podiatrist and now I have orthotics in my shoe.  Let's see what that does.  No more appointments and a plan in my hand on how to get back into running.  Here's hoping it won;t be too much longer.  The plan is 8 weeks long.

Other than that, we had training last night after work.  The weather wasn't quite as stunning as Tuesday night, but it was still really calm.  In fact, we've had nothing but calm seas for every training session.  If race day is fierce, a lot of people new to this will be taken by surprise.

Drove home with Mike (he had the car in town) and I packed for our weekend away.  Yay!  Apparently we're off the Gumboot Day in Taihape, mainly to see some minor celebrity from You Tube.  Don't ask me - it's all the boys' doing.  Why I am following them remains to be seen.  And why, if that is the case, am I the only one packed at this point?

I may be doing something wrong.

Anyhow, Toby had athletics day with school yesterday and made every final he was entered in.  What a wonderful effort.  I think he may have placed in an event - but my attention was divided during the story and now I can't remember what event it was.  But it was the Under 16 division of something.  To me that sounds pretty good as surely 15 year old boys are way bigger than him.

Yes, I am a proud parent right now.  Good on him!  Glad he doesn't have his wrist in a cast around about now.

Enjoy the coming weekend.  As I said, we're in Taihape.  And I do have the R6 to ride back from Palmerston North on Sunday.  I must book into a refresher course for riding.

Lots of love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment