Monday, March 20, 2017

The weekend that wiped me out of energy

Hi,

Wow a full on weekend.  I don't think I have the energy reserves to handle weekends that are that draining.  Or maybe it is that weekend after weekend have that level of excitement?  maybe.  Hahahah.

Let's see what I can remember.  Friday night I went home with Mike (pretty sure).  We had a fairly early night because Saturday was fairly busy.

The boys had a haircut at 10.15 and we all went to that.  I went grocery shopping while they got their haircut.  Two birds, with one car trip!

Back home briefly to unload the groceries then Mike and I were off to Red Baron to pick up the DRZ and take it home.  Except, we decided to visit Sally for a cup of tea.  And that I had to ride it because Mike left his boots at home.  But as I took off, it cut in and and out and generally played up.  Stalling as I changed down to come under the bridge and up onto it.  As I let the clutch out, the back wheel gripped to road and slid around as it turned the engine over.  It caught and I rode happily up the ramp onto the bridge.  But it died again around the corner from Sally's house (on the main road still).  Mike joined me and we couldn't start it.  So he pushed it back the 2.5 km to Red Baron while I drove there.

Mike managed to bump start it down the bridge ramp and rode it around a bit.  It ran fine warm.  Red Baron were great and looked at it.  There may have been gunk in the fuel lines, but we now suspect the main issue is a huge reserve!  Keep it topped up with petrol and it runs ok!

We did get a cup of tea with Sally, and then home.  Sorted out Toby and then headed to Matt and Leanne's house for a BBQ!  Great fun!  I really enjoyed myself.  And I got a wee rainbow and flowers tattoo from Celia's youngest.  She gave them to nearly everyone there!  A huge highlight.

After being there for a few hours, I managed to drag Mike away (big surprise!) and to the next BBQ.  Gemma and Henrik were having a combined 40th party.  An 80th!  Oossshhh!  Among friends again - and Celia came to this one too.  Caught up with Ange.  Yep - a great party.  Appreciated that invitation a lot!

Got Mike home at a decent hour because we were up very early for a Sunday for our refresher motorcycling course with Two Bald Bikers out at Wainuiomata.  Big day!  And well worth it.


Outside Maccas together

Mike and I rode to McDonalds in Wainuiomata for brekkie before the course started.  From there, we got to the venue and enjoyed a small group (only 4 students) of instruction on a PC before the practical kicked in.  Around 10.15 we got on the bikes.  They used a radio headset on everyone's helmets which made it much easier.  No navigation headaches and instant feedback on anything you were doing.  It was a really good course.

I am now completely exhausted.  Constant concentration and manhandling the bike all day means by the time it was done (practising emergency braking) I was wiped out.  Mike and I rode home from Upper Hutt and reflected in what we'd learned.  Lots!



My certificate


Back home and we ate and watched Creed with Toby (a Rocky movie - it was quite good).

Fell into bed and not sure I am completely back to normal levels of energy yet.  But the working week looms large.  Best get it tackled!

Have a great week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment