Monday, March 13, 2017

The weekend with the race day!

Hi,

Wow - what a weekend of excitement.  Friday saw me driving Mike to the ferry terminal at 5pm and getting him away for the weekend up to Ruapehu.  I drove back home and relaxed with Toby.  The Friday night was so hot - possibly the hottest evening so far in Wellington this summer.  I slept with the window wide open and only a sheet.

Iced latte - at Mojos in Bond St


Up super early on Saturday and I was away on the 7.15am bus and at our team tent for the big race day by 7.45am.  Our first race was 9am and a practise one.  We came first in that by a whisker.


Selfie in the team tent

Paddles and feet

We had a few more races - 10.40, 12.40 and 1.40 before finding out we had qualified in 3rd place in the grand final.  Oosssshhh!

The weather was drizzly most of the day and I made good use of my warm, dry clothes during the breaks.  We also spent a bit of time in the underground market where it was warm.  Around 4.30pm was the grand final and we got to the start line with a fair bit of tension in our boat.  But, we competed well once the race started.  With 5m to go, apparently we were in front, but the two teams beside us had an awesome power surge over the line and beat us by a nose.  2/100ths of a second between us and first place.  Bronze medallists!

I was so pleased with the team effort.  Wow!  More again next summer, please!

Bronze medallists!


Anyway, I got home on the bus and sorted out tea for Toby before falling asleep in a tired coma.  My feet are so sore from running around on concrete in bare feet all day.

Sunday was hosing down and we even got a thunder storm around 8am.  During the thick of the rain, we collected a drumkit for Toby.
Drummer!

In action!

He's in a band and now I have my sights set on being taken to the Grammys one day (hahahah - right, Karen?).

Mike got home around 1900 and I collected him from the ferry terminal and went grocery shopping before he cooked tea for us.  Fish.  Mmmmm.

More rain through the night but I stayed dry riding into work this morning.  Yay!

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment