Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Monday with no Toby

Hi,

Toby is coming back today!  Yay!  Mum just texted and they have just left Peregian Springs for the airport.  Wee Toby lands at 15:15 today, so I will head out to wait for him.  I can't wait to see him.

Last night I went walking with Mike - and 46 of his friends!  Fortunately for my introverted tendencies, 34 of them didn't show up.  12 of us walked around Wrights Hill.  We pottered around the top, looking at the fabulous view before heading down to the bottom on a track called "Deliverance" and then back up one called "Salvation".

Windfarm at Makara and a gorgeous sunset


Mike striding through the bush, staunchly


View of Wellington harbour from Wrights Hill at 6.15pm


It was a lovely evening, and the sunset was amazing.  I really enjoyed myself.  And at the end, Melissa gave me a ride home and picked up that dodgy German Beer Hall costume I had for the Christmas party 6 years ago with a German theme.  She is wearing it to Oktoberfest this Saturday.  It's a shame for her.
Kotare above the car at 5.45pm


Spotted a kotare on my way to the car - just sitting there.  Same as about a month back.  One of my favourite birds.

Right.  Time for tea and the day to start.  We drove in early so I could go to Spin at 7am.  And of course, have the car available to collect Toby from the airport.

Woot.  So excited.  Thank you to my parents for looking after him for the week.  I heard he has new sneakers.  Now that I can't wait to see.

Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment